Who We Are:
We bring together motivated volunteers who are native level English speakers and bilingual English/Chinese speakers to provide teaching services and to develop distributable teaching materials in China.
What We Aim For:
Our program aims to provide an opportunity for local students to interact with native level English speakers in order to enhance cultural exchanges, increase the students’ confidence to speak English, and eventually improve their English communication skills. We seek to encourage students and teachers in China to reconsider their approach to learning and teaching English, while simultaneously fostering reflection in the current English education in China among all participants and local teachers.
When and Where:
- Time: July 11th to Aug 20th, 2017
- Location: Pingxiang City, Jiangxi Province, China
What You Will Do:
- Attend intensive on-site teaching trainings
- Teach local students of approximately 24 students per class
- Develop your teaching practice and design your lesson plans
- Experience Pingxiang culture and taste the local cuisine
What You Will Receive:
- Travel stipend of up to £ 600 (UK), $1500 (US), and ¥2000 (China, 往返路费按动车二等座标准报销)
- Food and lodging in Pingxiang, China
- Accident and emergency insurance
- New friends, and a spectacular experience of teaching, learning, and traveling in China
Who We Want:
Native level English speakers or bilingual English/Chinese speakers who are current undergraduate or graduate students enrolled in a college, university or school of an equivalent level. And you are more than welcome to apply if you are graduating this summer. We are looking for volunteers who are able to both work as part of a team and adapt to changes.
Step 1: Submit application form (Download Application Form Here)
Step 2: 15 to 30-minute interview (Phone call, online or face-to-face)
Step 3: Decision released after interview
Step 4: Book your plane ticket (you need an itinerary for visa application if applicable)
Step 5: Apply for visa (if applicable), pack your suitcase and you are ready to go!
|Pre-departure Key Dates|
|May 10th||11:59pm of your time zone||Application Deadline|
|May 10th – May 15th||–||Interview Period|
|May 16th||–||Decision Released|
|May 20th||11:59pm of your time zone||Reply date for admitted volunteers|
|End of May||TBD||Program Orientation (online or face to face)|
|May 20th –June 30th||–||Flight arrangement & Visa Application|
|July 11th||5pm (Beijing Time)||Program Assembly|
If you’re driven to know more,
see what you can learn by teaching others.
Because inspiring others is a way to inspire yourself.
‘Learning Journey in China’
TO LEARN. TO INSPIRE